Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dear Bloggery, 1st ever in GVR

Dear Bloggery,

This is the first time I have ever blogged and I thought it would be neat to keep everyone up to speed on my whereabouts via the web instead of phoning which I will have to do anyway but this is more concise and reads like a diary. Well...here goes; Flew down to Vancouver on Jan.2o.2009 to begin studies at BCIT Electrical Eng & Comp Tech program. Richard Neufield was on plane going to accept senate position and Blair Lestrom will take over his job as Minister of Energy & Mines. He was collecting 2 govt salaries until Jan.3rd both into 6 figures. Heard this on the news today. Flight was uneventful except I got a window seat finally and we had to fly through a fog bank. I wasnt stripped searched this time but my screwdriver set was confiscated and my mom had to pick it up from security. We arrived 10 min later than expected because some lady had a freak out and wanted off the plane so they to take her luggage off the plane and this takes time. Anyways I met my cousin Clayton at the baggage terminal by phoning him as he was expecting me at a different gate. He is a nice fellow and his construction business reminds me when I went drywalling last winter. His wife is bilingual and also works for Mary Kay which takes her to conferences such as Phoenix but her connecting flight to Seattle was delayed. However, Clayton had to meet with an a structural engineer downtown by 1:30 so I went with him to check out the city and also there was really no choice in the matter. We talked about our relations etc. and I tried key word here is tried to figure out the streets in Vancouver and was glad I did not have to drive. We went to building 933 level 3 room 303 and this place is as heavily secured as GMS with all of its security keycard cards and parking entrances. But this waranted because theft is quite high in Vancouver. The room we went to had black mold growing in the high corner and sunroom window sill due to poor heating and ventilation. The engineer was a nice guy with cool gadgets for checking temp and moisture. Basically, the drywall will have to come out and be replaced and people need to aware of the heating system. Building built 1998 so go figure.
Drove to Claytons house in North Delta via the George Massey tunnel because the Pattullo caught on fire and wooden section needs to be replaced. Tunnel COOL. Left Vancouver via Granville bridge over Granville island and proceeded onto Oak. Clayton knows his way around I dont. Clayton is member of BCAA so he got me maps of Vancouver for free. We got back before rush hour through back roads in Delta and passed a community hall. Wonder if we can do improv there one day. Once @ Claytons I got settled and started looking up Skytrain route to BCIT but was too hungry and quit. Also real tired because up from 5:30 our time could not sleep. Poured over maps instead tried to make since of driving routes. Airport actually an island, Richmond is an island also pretty cool huh. Clayton made dinner chilli with green salad and we watched Barack Obama become the 44th pres. of US his inaugral speech was quite good talked about for a long time. They will be partying for a long time also. Cleaned up dishes watched Terminator and asleep by 10:00 our time. Overall a very full day but tomorrow I am going with Clay again to Coquitlam more estimating up at 5:00 am Van. to beat traffic. Peace out,

Bill

No comments: